Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17th pictures

Hey, it is 19 years today since the Loma Prieta earthquake in Santa Cruz County. Just thought I should acknowledge that. For about 4 weeks the only conversations in Santa Cruz were about the earthquake. Nothing else existed. Yet, on the scale of disasters, it was minor. And, I am very thankful for that. Santa Cruz is now totally back and, I think, better than before. So, even though in Santa Cruz time, it is past the official minute of the earthquake, but Leslie and I are going to toast our fair city at 5:04 - right as I post this.

Leslie's work (the picture is screwed up but I will miss 5:04 if I fix it)
(update 4/18 - I turned the picture but I really did post this exactly at 5:04 yesterday)


Leslie relaxing after her work is done

No comments: