Thursday, October 23, 2008

October 23nd photos

My first house project was to build this cheap-ass compost bin. Very important to compost! Food in the landfill is really bad. If you want to know why, I can get you in touch with my friend Brian. I don't remember the exact figures - but food waste is really, really bad for the environment. Don't throw away food!!

Updated. Brian wrote the following after reading the post: Just in case people cannot find me (although I have no idea why they wouldn't), food in the landfill decomposes WITHOUT oxygen. That means it will decompose anaerobically and will produce a toxic sludge and methane gas. Methane is 62 times more potent than CO2 as a greenhouse gas, so the real priority in recycling is with organic recycling.


Our single car garage is very tiny. To get the car in properly, one must use is guide. Here is my guide.

No comments: