Monday, October 27, 2008

The closet-turned-bathroom

My project right now is converting a small closet to a sink and a toilet for the master bedroom. I started the day with the toilet drain completed. So, my task for today was to run the water lines for the sink and toilet and the drain lines for the sink. And, then, of course install the vanity and toilet. A short photo gallery of the job follows.

The drain for the toilet. Notice that is is not centered. There was a beam right in the middle of the floor, so I had to push the toilet to the left of the room.

What you are seeing is the water pipes and drain for the bathtub on the other side of this wall. My job was to change those tub pipes to also supply water for the sink and toilet and to run a new drain up for the sink.

And now, the same wall with the new pipes before I put the wall back on. I had to bring the hot water pipe over to the left side so it would be in the correct place.

One is really not suppose to work with bare feet - but it was so useful! I love that my foot looks normal but that my hand looks like it belongs to an alien.

The new vanity installed.

Happy sitting on the new toilet.

To finish the project, I now have to put in an electric outlet, a mirror, a towel rack and toilet roll dispenser. Then, on to the next project.... Total cost of all materials for the bathroom: $617.90.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a woman! I am so impressed.