Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shopping is almost over...

Pictured below is our house shopping over the last couple of days. We now have most of the things we need and so this sort of post will come to a natural conclusion. But, I feel a responsibility to finish up with a fully stocked house. That comes Friday, as we just made a deal to buy the rest of the furniture we need and will pick it up then. ($700) So, my last picture-of-things-we-bought post will end after we complete that move.


As for the stuff below, those with excellent eyesight will see that I have moved on to buying hardware and tools in the top two photos. Leslie is still scouring the Sally shop and garage sales for other items - such as those pictured in the bottom two pictures. ($327.02)



Not pictured are some tools I bought via Amazon for $528.63 - a sawzall, two drills, an orbital sander and associated blades and sanding discs.

So, if you add up all the purchases I have mentioned in this blog, it adds up to $5,663. If you add in the truck rental to get Robert's stuff and the car insurance and registration, the cost of setting up the house (excluding food), is around $6,000. Now, I had budgeted $25,000 for the house this year - both for the intitial set-up and for projects. While I do have a few projects in mind, I doubt if they will cost more than $5,000. Hey, it is a really, really good year to be underbudget!

No comments: